Sunday 8 June 2014

My Signed Books Collection

Happy Sunday! I'm really sorry that my posts have been in such a random order- I have no schedule, and since my exams are over, I have just been blogging like crazy! I didn't blog for like five months and now I have blogged almost every single day. Oh well. There will be a proper schedule soon. Promise :)

But for now, here is the last post in my blog series about my book collections. I have many other book collections and different series, but these are the ones most important to me :) If you would like to see other book collections I have (for example childhood favourites, non-fiction, fantasy, ect...) just comment below!

Today I have for you my signed books collection, i.e all the books that I have met the authors of, and who have signed my books! I have either met these authors at interviews, events or book launches, and I can safely say that they have all been absolutely lovely to chat to! For me, there's nothing more exciting than a signed book. When you read it, it always brings back many happy memories from when you met the author, and it seems extra precious that they have left you a message :)

So without further ado, here are my signed books! 

Here is my new copy of Emily Murdoch's If You Find Me, where a section of my review is published (I know, very swish). After interviewing Emily, who is absolutely lovely, she wrote a lovely message in my brand new copy. This is probably my most special signed book. You can read her interview here :)
 I met Sara Grant at her book launch for Half Lives, and we had a lovely chat about books and writing (hence the, 'Good luck with your writing!'. She has also written 'Whatever!' which is a ongoing motif throughout the book, and has much more significance than you think! I'll let you read the book to find out...


 Here is another of Sara Grant's amazing books, Dark Parties, which is, like Half Lives, a beautiful, haunting read. Sara signed this when I met her at Andy Robb's book launch, and she was lovely! 
 Here is my copy of Andy Robb's Geekhood, which is an utterly hilarious read! We met at his book launch of Geekhood: Mission Improbable, which is the second book in the Geekhood series. He is also an equally hilarious person! I would highly recommend this.
 Here is my signed copy of Marcus Sedgwick's She Is Not Invisible, and he wrote such a lovely message! I interviewed Marcus for this blog, which you can see here. He was a wonderful and inspiring person, and changed the way I viewed my future as a writer :)
 I know what you're thinking. Another signed copy of Emily Murdoch's If You Find Me. I'm sorry. I just couldn't resist asking her to sign my two copies of the book. 


 This is the amazing Holly Black's The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, and I met Holly when I interviewed her and Sarah Rees Brennan, before their event at Foyles in Charing Cross. They were both wonderful and inspiring people :) You can read the interview here.













Thank you for reading this blog post! Please leave me links to your blogs below, and perhaps share pictures of your signed books too, I'd love to see who you've met :)

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment